Monday, July 9, 2012

Spring 2012 in a Recap!


 Well since I have been very busy making lots of orders, and summer is surely flying right by, I will finally post some of my favorite crafts and DIY that I have been up to lately! 

First I had done a tiny “redo” in my kitchen where I went and added awesome glass tiles for the backsplash!  When I had taken these photos it was before I did the outlet covers, so I will add a newer one soon!  I am also contemplating on adding some type of under cabinet lighting- perhaps those battery ones (and yes I will use rechargeable batteries) - I hate cords hanging or lying around!!
I also gave my moss covered letter a little update.  I added it to a spray painted picture frame that I am never going to use again.  I officially s it!  On the outside door we also gave it a fresh coat of red paint and touched the trim up with some bright white paint.  I am still trying to persuade my husband that we need a gold colored kick-plate at the bottom of the door!

My favorite thing from this past spring was when we went to my daughter’s Bridging Ceremony for Girl Scouts.  I made a dessert “Bridging from Daisies to Brownies”. 



Aside from rearranging all of the children’s bedrooms to make more room (which I will post photos of that later on), we have decided to purchase hardwood flooring for a few areas of our house.  Originally this past fall my husband promised me after taxes were over we would go a buy new flooring to try to brighten up a lot of the house by getting rid of our dark green carpet!  Well it’s midsummer and we are now getting to that.  At least he is keeping his word on buying it! 

This past spring, as in April, May, and early June, we have gone an array of places with our family and extended family.  Some of these include the zoo, ice skating,  NYC, museums, the Crayon Factory, beaches, amusement parks, and just this past weekend the waterpark!  We are so blessed that we have family to partake in these activities with us!  We are a busy, busy family. 

NYC
Hershey Park

I will post about my oldest child's DIY Flower Garden on the next post along with other crafts we have been up to.  

Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment