Friday, September 14, 2012

Fall Time is Fallin' Upon us!


As fall time is starting to settle upon us, it puts me in the mood for apple cider, apple dumplings, going on hay rides and of course Halloween/Thanksgiving!  This is the “bearable” time of the year for me running.  During the summer sometimes it is so hot to do my daily run outside that I just have to resort to being inside on the elliptical.  In the fall time I typically can average well over an hour and not mind.  This is the easiest and best form of exercise to me!  

Seeing all the leaves change and fall off is really exciting for my children!  Here is my favorite photo from our NYC trip from last fall.  We go to NYC at least once a month so seeing it change from month to month is very neat.

  
As we start to enter into fall time, so do the amounts of sweets and treats.  I am not a fan of chocolate (which is probably not a bad thing)! I really love pumpkin pie- that is truly one of my favorite things!

Here is the Halloween Themed cake that I made last year.  My oldest helped me with it and her favorite part was making the big spider!  We love making really neat cakes together, and over this past year (from when this photo was taken till about now), we have really gained lots of cake and decorating skills!


I haven’t gotten my “Halloween” inspired wreath out yet (it is a bit too early) but for now here is a photo of the burlap one that I made a few weeks ago.  This was a very simple DIY.  I already had a spare wire wreath lying around, and a huge roll of burlap (I bought all of it a few months back with the intent of making it someday)!  The rustic letter “T”, I had used previously for an anniversary party that my husband and I threw with close friends and family.  I have always planned on using burlap for projects and was pleasantly surprised it wasn’t as messy to work with, as I thought it would be!

 

Oh, in case you may remember, our Moss Covered Letter for the time being has a spot on our porch! That is still one of my favorite projects!

 

Hope you enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment