Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Eggs with a touch of Sunburst!



I hope everyone had a great Easter holiday!  We have been living off ham and eggs for the past few days and I will be very glad when our 2 ½ dozen eggs are gone!  My daughter went back to school yesterday so I am still, in a way recuperating and trying to get back into a semi-normal schedule.  I have been very productive lately by getting my house all organized and finishing up all my ‘deep spring cleaning’.  I found these cute little pink pails in the $1 area (right when you walk in) at Target!  I just put sticky circles on with the name of what is to be stored in that container.  I figured this would be a great idea for my girls for their arts and crafts projects.  At least it will be easy for someone to find a specific item!
 
Recently I have been finding lots of very nice spring printables- and by ‘find’ I mean ‘living on pinterest and pinning till my heart is content!’  ;)  Speaking of pinterest,  I find so much inspiration on there for many different crafts I want to try but my dh thinks I’m nuts!  I do have to admit he really does enjoy the sunburst mirror that I finished and hung above our king size sleigh bed!!!  

I basically just took bamboo skewers and hot glued them in different depths/spots all around a circular piece of thick cardboard (that is the same size as the mirror).  Once I was completely satisfied with the bamboo skewers, I used gorilla glue and attached that to the circular mirror.  To mount it onto the wall I used the Velcro 3M strips.  I prefer using most of the temporary 3m supplies because I always change my mind, especially when it comes to decorating, and who knows maybe in a month I may have something new to hang above the bed! ;)    I am going to try to remember the next time I do a craft project to take step-by-step photos so I can post for everyone in blogland to see! 
  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment